I purposefully haven’t blogged for a while. My Ironman training is going to be pretty repetitive for the next few months. So plan to do a monthly blog on how this is going. I also am still struggling with my asthma/finances/injury so haven’t signed up to many races.
I wanted to write an end of year post though as 2016 really has been life changing.
Will start with the lows and end on a positive note. I try and remain upbeat and not run on too much about things that upset me, as I know how lucky I am. However this year had been tough. I lost a dear friend, my marriage ended, I spent the last few months of the year living with my mum & step dad and have struggled with bad asthma. I was also looking forward to starting my 30 week IM training plan so much and managed to miss the first week due to a cold and I think I have now torn my calf!!
The positives of 2016 have been amazing though. Really can’t believe what I’ve done.
- Ride London as part of team Skoda
- Helped organise Beccles Triathlon (It won club event of the year)
- Started a work running club and it is still going
- Age group wins at East Coast and Fritton Lake Olympic tri
- East region middle distance champion
- Qualified for the 2017 European Aquathlon championships
- Did my first ever sea swim race
- Raised over £2,000 for Children in Need
- Came 3rd female in the Eastern Region Triathlon league
- Had a fantastic trip to the Amsterdam half marathon
- Completed all three swims at Fritton to total almost 10k
- Two of my best friends married each other
- Took part in the GYCC 10 mile time trial for the first time
- Completed the Outlaw half as part of a relay team
- Won a Garmin 735xt watch
- Qualified as a Local Triathlon technical official
- Qualified as a Level 1 triathlon coach
- Rode the velodrome
- Completed my 50th Parkrun
- Travelled business class to India
- Signed up to Ironman UK
- Completed the Waveney Wildman
- Did front crawl in all of my races
- Part of a winning team at the Lowestoft 5 mile and The Scores race
- Passed my Professional Scrum Master Level Two certification
- Won Scrum Master of the Year in my project
I have swam a total of 132,995m, Biked 3,829k and ran 990k.
Compared to 2015’s totals of 60,496m, 1,747k and 844k.
I really can not thank those enough who have supported me this year, especially the past few months. It really does mean the world to me xx
Happy new year to you all, I have a feeling 2017 is going to be an incredible year.