The image sums up my week, I finally got a speed and cadence sensor for my bike to use while I turbo (now turbo season is coming to an end!!). It’s safe to say my two attempts at using them this week didn’t go to plan.Error 1: (Pretend that I don’t work in IT when you read this) On lovely fresh legs after having a rest day. I loaded up my new sufferfest video, turned on my recently acquired Garmin 500 (second hand), spent 20 mins getting the cadence and speed sensors to work and I was off. Determined to make this début count. I sprinted, kept my cadence up and made my eyes bleed (well almost)! Feeling really chuffed with my effort and distance, I pressed stop on the Garmin…..headed straight to my laptop……plugged my Garmin in….and nothing. Help!! I forgot to press reset, unlike my watch where stop is enough, the bike computer needs the reset button to also be pressed.Okay, not the end of the world…but annoying.
Error 2: Must press reset, must press reset. With the mantra running through my head, onto my next turbo session. No matter what I did I could not get the speed sensor to work, and at this point I only had 20 mins to do a 38 min video. I therefore did 30 mins, but my heart really wasn’t in it. However the good thing was that I stuck to Zone 2 for the first time and did have the cadence working at least.
Am hoping next week to get the speed sensor working and remember to press reset. Lets see.
Anyhow, this weeks plan was
- Swim – 1.45 hours
- Bike – 1:30 hours
- Run – 1:30 hours
- Total time – 4:45 hours
My actuals for the week were
- Swim – 1:29 hours
- Bike –4:25 hours
- Run – 1:29 hours
- Total time – 7:49
Slightly more hours on the bike than planned, but again am really pleased with this week. I have decided to do 1 of the 2 swims as pull only to work on my upper body strength, which is terrible and to give my legs a break.
As well as training this week I also did the following
- Time commuting to work – 14 hours
- Time at work – 42 hours
- Time coaching others – 5 hours
- Total time – 61 hours